What kind of car is in your garage? Whatever you choose to drive, auto insurance is crucial. It can be difficult to purchase auto insurance if you aren’t familiar with the different types. As your local Farmer’s agent, we have many different options to get you the policy that fits your budget.
What are the Different Types of Car Insurance?
– Covering the costs of damage to others and their property.
– Type of insurance covering collision with other vehicles, objects, and animals.
– Covering damage to car besides collision, such as hail or theft.
– Covers losses by an uninsured driver.
– Covers medical costs for passengers who have been injured in an accident, no matter who is at fault.
Personal Injury Protection
– Helps you cover cost of medical rehabilitation no matter who’s at fault.
Towing and Roadside Service
– Covers costs of towing, also providing 24/7 roadside assistance for disabled vehicles.
Rental Car Reimbursement
– Covers cost of rental cars for 30 days while yours is repaired.
– Protects drivers who work for rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft.
Loss Of Use
– A flat sum given to cover the cost of transportation while your car is being repaired. It can be used for rental cars, or public transit and taxis.
– This coverage option gives you an agreed-upon sum for a car that is a total loss.
– Covers costs of custom parts such as wheels if damaged.
– This coverage will help protect your assets from lawsuits.
Glass Deductible Buyback
– Covers cost of damaged windshields, glass repair, and replacement.
Full Windshield and Glass Coverage
– This coverage offers a $0 deductible on glass repair, paying nothing out of pocket.
Spare Parts Coverage
– Policy covers costs of spare parts that were used because of damage.
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
– Coverage available on cars up to 10 years old.
New Car Replacement Coverage
– This coverage covers the cost to replace the same make and model of your damaged car.
– Coverage for this keeps your premium from going up. In addition, Farmers forgives one at-fault accident every three years without one.